IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 15 11:12:08 EDT 2014

Devin Asay wrote:
> Thanks for the responses folks. Keep them coming, and I'll post a summary.

It may be helpful if you'd post your summary to the IDE Contributors Forum:
<http://forums.runrev.com/viewforum.php?f=67>

> Here's another one of mine:
>
> Names of blendLevel inks: Whaaa? What do those things even mean?

Most of those names come from the bit-wise operations they use, or some
similar historic origin.

While it might be nice to try to craft English-like names for them,
that's a daunting task - "XOR" is "XOR" in every language, and geeky as
it is I can't think of any other way to describe it that isn't nearly a
sentence long. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World