noob array question

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at semperuna.com
Wed May 14 19:52:55 EDT 2014

On 15 May 2014, at 7:32 am, Rodney Green <green.rodney at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] In attempting to parse some json data I can't find what the final output
> should look like. [...]

You can view the official JSON specs - very easy to understand - here:

http://json.org

As you probably already know, JSON documents are plain-text files, containing at the root either a Javascript array (defined by "[...]") or a Javascript object ("{...}"). An array is a simple list of values, while an object is a list of "key:value" pairs. The array/object at the root can itself contain other arrays and/or objects, each of which in turn can contain other arrays/objects, and so on indefinitely, building a structured hierarchy of data.

A while ago I wrote a JSON parser in LiveCode. The *very heavily commented* code can be found here:

https://github.com/luxlogica/easyjson

I hope this may be of help!

--
Igor Couto