Dropbox File Path via Shell Or Similar?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed May 14 14:44:21 EDT 2014

On May 14, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I'm wondering if anybody knows a way to programmatically retrieve a
> Dropbox shared file path in LC on OS X.  I've looked at dropbox.py but
> apparently that only works on Linux and nowhere else.

Isn't a .py file just a Python code file? I wonder why it wouldn't work on other systems, like OS X, that have Python installed?

>  I want to be able
> to grab the link that's provided when you right-click on a file/folder in
> the Dropbox and select "Share Dropbox Link".

I have a vague recollection that someone was working on a Dropbox library, but my weak mind can't come up with a name.

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University
http://university.livecode.com