[OFF] Cool Plugins

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:54:13 EDT 2014

On 11/05/14 22:18, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Could you ask RunRev to consider using an open source
> web-based translation platform to translated LiveCode
> dictionary, docs, guides and tutorials?
>
> 1) https://www.transifex.com
> 2) https://launchpad.net
> 3) http://pootle.translatehouse.org/index.html
> 4) http://weblate.org
> 5) http://openbuildservice.org
> 6) http://zanata.org
> 7) http://otrance.de/en/
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

Having experimented quite a bit with web-based machine translation I think
that is most unwise.

However; it might not be a bad idea to use a machine-based translation
first, and then follow
it up by proper checking / style-editing / remedial translation by
somebody who is fully
functional in both English and the target language. This would save a
certain amount of time.

Бански Старец (a type of Bulgarian salami) = "bathing old man" (Google
translate)

this is because a "бански костюм" is a swimsuit, and a "старец" is an
old man.

Quod erat demonstrandum (Latin) = "which was to be" (Google again) real
meaning"

"which had to be demonstrated"

Loadsa rubbish.