HTMLtext in Label?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:42:47 EDT 2014

On 10/05/14 21:17, Scott Rossi wrote:
> On 5/10/14 10:49 AM, "Richmond" <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can only assume that 'htmlText' is not a property of a label.
>
> It's not.  It's a field property.
>
> But I'm hoping someone may have found a way to pull this off.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

Well; as there has been a lot of stuff vented ever since Livecode went
Open Source about
users contributing by hacking various aspects of the IDE one of the most
USEFUL bits of
information RunRev could give us ("throw me a fricking bone here.")
would be how to
ADD properties to existing objects.

Making new objects out of compounded existing objects is, to my mind at
least, less urgent than
how to add props to existing ones.

Of course, whether this can be done in Livecode itself, or one has to go
back to the GIT hub
and mess around in C++ I don't know. Although something tells me that if
Livecode is a really
flexible language that can stand on its "own two feet" it shouldn't be
necessary to use another
language to modify it.

Richmond.