iOS Home Button Shutdown not working!

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Thu May 8 13:35:30 EDT 2014

Unfortunately, no it doesn’t work for me either. However, I seem to remember a bug in one version of LC where using put statements itself did not work correctly. The output wasn’t displayed in the console. Unfortunately I don’t remember which version. Does anyone else? So there’s a possibility we’re running into that bug with LC 6.5.2.

Another way to test this would be to write out a simple text file to the Documents folder in the shutdown handler. If you test it in the simulator, you can fairly easily locate that text file. The path would be something like this /Users/[user_name]/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/[iOS_version]/Applications/F16EE956-F742-4FB9-80A6-51C521B2FA75/Documents. Maybe you already know this. Anyway, that big long nasty folder name will have to be replaced with whatever folder contains your app. No easy way that I know of. You’ll just have to browse all the folders until you find the one containing your app.

Anyway, this is kind of a dumb workaround that shouldn’t even be necessary, but hopefully it’ll get you started in determining whether or not shutdown is actually firing. My guess is that it is, and 6.5.2 has the “put” bug, and there’s some error occurring that makes it seem like shutdown is not running. If you have access to a newer version of LC, I’d recommend switching over when you can. I realize that’s not always easy to do.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

Chris