Call for testing with 6.6.2 RC3

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Tue May 6 16:26:17 EDT 2014

Jacqueline:
The complete code to test snapShot in my test stack is below. It runs ok in LC 6.6, but fails in 6.6.2(RC3). I am testing it in the development environment. The snapshot will occasionally succeed but mostly fail.

Thanks for looking at this.
Bill

on mouseUp
   randomizeBoxes
   takeSnapShot "mySnapShot"
end mouseUp

local pBoxRect,pleft,pBottom,pRight,pTop,

on randomizeBoxes
   put the rect of grc "pBox" into pBoxRect
   put item 1 of pBoxRect into pleft
   put item 2 of pBoxRect into pTop
   put item 3 of pBoxRect into pRight
   put item 4 of pBoxRect into pBottom
   set the loc of grc "rect1" to randomLoc()
   set the loc of grc "rect2" to randomLoc()
   set the loc of grc "rect3" to randomLoc()
end randomizeBoxes

function randomLoc
   put pRight - pLeft into pWid
   put random(pWid) + pleft into xR
   put pBottom - pTop into pHt
   put random(pHt)+pTop into yR
   return xr&","&yR
end randomLoc

on takeSnapShot mySnapShot
   set the visible of img mySnapShot to FALSE
   wait for 0 seconds with messages  --in lc 6.6, if this statement is not here, the snapshot fails.
   --This script fails in 6.6.2 (RC3).
   put the rect of this stack into stackRect
   put item 1 of stackRect + pLeft into xsLeft
   put item 2  of stackRect + pTop into ysTop
   put item 1 of stackRect + pRight - 1 into xsRight
   put item 2 of stackRect + pBottom - 1 into ysBottom
   put xsLeft&","&ysTop&","&xsRight&","&ysBottom into snapRect
   --wait for 0.1 seconds with messages
   try
      export snapshot from rect  snapRect to image mySnapShot
   catch tError
      answer tError
   end try
   --wait for 0 seconds
   set the rect of image mySnapShot to the rect of grc "pBox" --now set the captured rect to the mapbox rect
   --wait for 0 seconds with messages
   set the visible of img mySnapShot to TRUE
end takeSnapShot