Crash in simulator

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue May 6 11:21:10 EDT 2014

Hi friends,

ugly problem here in my current project.
OS X 10.9.2, Simulator 7.1, latest XCode.

A stack, that runs fine on Mac and Windows in the IDE and standalone
immediately crashes the simulator after the splash screen appears.
Tested in 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.7 and 7.0, same crash.
Same as standalone on the actual device!

The crash report is not very enlightening:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Thread 3 Crashed:
0   libsystem_sim_c.dylib
lotsa hex stuff...

Our backup stack from a week ago DOES indeed work fine and we only added some more images.
I even commented out ALL "pre-/open/stack/card" handlers, which we did not touch actually,
to see if this is script related, but no success.

I even removed some images from the first card (corrupted images are often a reason for this)
but no success either, crash right after the splash screen.

Unneccessary to say that this project needs to be presented on an iPad (iOS 7!) on thursday :-/

Any hints very welcome!

Best

Klaus
--