SUMMARY Re: LiveCode Books

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 6 09:13:44 EDT 2014

Dar Scott wrote:
> I noted these:
>
> RunRev Ltd.
> LiveCode User Guide
>
> Mark Schonewille
> Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner
>
> Scott McDonald
> Coding Nine LiveCode Games
>
> Colin Holgate
> LiveCode Mobile Development
>
> Edward D. Lavieri Jr.
> LiveCode Mobile Development Hotshot
>
> Did I miss anything?  Is the last one real?

It's from the well-established Packt Publishing, so it seems real enough:
<http://www.packtpub.com/livecode-mobile-development-hotshot/book>

If the list is limited to books specifically, while there are at least
two or three others in development I believe that list is fairly
complete for the moment.

But if we consider the larger scope of learning materials for LiveCode
online works make a great way to learn programming, and of those there's
Devin Asay's free LC course:
<http://livecode.byu.edu/>

...and his expanded paid course, priced about as low as a book:
<https://livecode.com/store/training/livecode-university/>

There are of course hundreds of smaller topic-specific tutorials
floating around, but as far as scope and quality on par with a book
Devin's work is IMO definitely important to add to such a list.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World