Run a command line app from memory

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 3 22:46:43 EDT 2014

Andrew Kluthe wrote:

 > I have the need to run a command line utility from LiveCode without
 > writing it to disk. Ideally I would like to store it in a custom
 > property and find a way to run it in memory without ever writing it
 > to a disk. Is this at all possible using only LiveCode?

If I understand this correctly, it's not LiveCode that'll be running the
program, but Windows; LiveCode is simply initiating the execution.

Can Windows run programs that exist only in the memory space of another
application?

I don't know the answer to that, but kinda I hope not, since intuitively
it seems like a potential security hole.

Can you write the program file to temp and launch it from there?

Or rewrite its functionality in script?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems