Checkboxes

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat May 3 15:36:40 EDT 2014

I don’t agree.

There is nothing wrong with using this:

   put x into field y

We can’t say that real programmers use this:

   set the text of y to x

I see nothing wrong with teaching the first, before showing it is the same as the latter.

Indeed, the hello world is this:

   put “Hello World!” into field “Greeting”

Though I have never had a kid use “Hello World!” even the first time.  OK, maybe a big sister.

Dar