Advice of cheap/free online server

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Mar 31 18:23:33 EDT 2014

Nakia Brewer <Nakia.Brewer at ...> writes:

> Yes, eventually I will need to make it accessible over the internet.
> With this method am I true in assuming I will be able to connect to the
MySQL Database on my server over the internet?

> Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just haven't done anything with
non-local databases.

Just catching up on this thread.

You have to go out of your way to connect to a database over a network.
Normally the database is limited to connections from the same computer the
database is running on. This is by design. It's a security risk over a local
network, and even more so over the internet. In order to change this you
need to change the database configuration, and doing that depends on the
type of database you'll be using.

A better solution, especially since you're going to be installing LC server,
is to let the server connect to the database, and then you talk to the
server from a remote connection.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com