multi-line constants? (for RSA keys)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 31 13:37:00 EDT 2014

On 3/31/14, 10:10 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> It was my impression that the mainstack gets*glued*  together with
> the runtime engine and is not accessible in the same way the
> substacks are, which are merely included in a subfolder or in the
> case of OS X, in the package. Is this no longer the case? Or have I
> simply misunderstood all this time?

If the substacks are true substacks, they are "glued" to the engine the
same way the mainstack is. This is the standard way substacks work. All
stacks in a standalone are part of the same file on disk and received
the same protection.

However, there is a checkbox in standalone settings that allows you to
save out substacks as separate files during the build. If you choose to
do that, then they are no longer substacks, they are removed from the
file and turned into individual document stacks. Those are the same as
any other stack you'd use during development and as such, they are no
longer part of your app. They're just loose in the folder (or in the
bundle on Macs) and can be opened by anyone with a copy of LiveCode, no
tricks required. The scripts will be obscured if the stack is password
protected but everything else, including properties, will be accessible
because it's just a plain old stack now.

So if you want the same protection you'd get in the mainstack, just make
sure you don't have that checkbox selected.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com