Change to the label property in 6.7

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 14:42:35 EDT 2014

Pete,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was called away just after trying this.

On 2014-03-29, at 3:12 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> Thanks Paul.  I'm a little concerned about what happens in your mouseUp
> handler if I'm understanding it correctly.  If "Test" doesn't exist in the
> button, I would have expected the menuHistory to be zero or empty or
> something to indicate that the label doesn't exist in the text of the
> button.

"Test" didn't exist in the menu button text, and no matter what I tried, I never saw 'empty' or 'zero' in the menuHistory. As far as I can see the menuHistory is always a positive integer.

> Also a bit puzzled by the last sentence since setting the label in 6.6
> shouldn't change the menuHistory, although maybe that's related to my first
> concern.

Maybe I didn't quite understand the original problem, but from the tests I've done so far, setting the label of an option menu doesn't affect the menuHistory in any way, also it doesn't trigger a menuPick message like setting the menuHistory does.

Tested on Mac OS X 10.8.5 with LC 5.5.5 through to LC 7.0 (dp1) - All behaved exactly the same.

HTH

Paul