Kill a handler

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 29 12:53:13 EDT 2014

One way to do this if you can is to move the looping portion/s of your current handler to a separate handler that loops using "send in", along with a variable check.  Something like

local allowMonitor
command monitorProcess
  if allowMonitor is false then exit monitorProcess
  do monitor stuff
  send "monitorProcess" to me in 50 millisecs
end monitorProcess

When the user presses your cancel button, change the value of allowMonitor to false.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design