Sending mail (invisibly) from inside a Mac LC app

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sat Mar 29 11:19:56 EDT 2014

Folks,
Unfortunately, invisibly sending information about your online activities is a common situation. We don't expect it in standalone apps, but who deals only with standalone these days? I know of no other environment where I am presented with at least several attempts, per day, to do something (click a link, get a "reward", etc) that will compromise the security of my computer, or my financial activities. It's an appalling situation, and most of us know how to minimize the risks, but I do find it disconcerting that there is so much information about me floating around.

Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org