OT: PencilCase

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:39:51 EDT 2014

On 28/03/14 00:18, Nakia Brewer wrote:
> LOL.. Yeah that is true I suppose.
>
> I was just trying to make sense of the statement 'Hypercard reimagined'

Personally I think "Hypercard reimagined" is just a way to attract people
and has little basis in reality.

It may be quite a good thing; once it becomes available.
But as there's no FREE version like the Livecode Community version
anybody who pays for the $119 Personal version is risking their money.

As PencilCase uses Javascript, it may be "A WYSIWYG RAD IDE that
resembles Hypercard visually",
but it is not a Hypercard clone+ as it uses a quite different
programming language, which is rather
harder to learn than Hypertalk/xTalk/Revolution (the latter being not at
all difficult if, in fact, you are old
enough to have done some Hypercard programming).

Richmond.

<snip>