OT: PencilCase

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:34:18 EDT 2014

On 27/03/14 18:43, Colin Holgate wrote:
> Had not heard of that. Here’s the web page:
>
> http://robotsandpencils.com/pencilcase/
>
> The video is worth watching:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKORN8URAQ
>
> There are some things about it that are a bit like GameSalad, and it does use Javascript for programming, if the standard modules don’t foo everything you need.
>
> Some of their claims seem dubious. Like how you can instantly publish to the App Store, implying that you don’t need a developer account with Apple. Also talk of there being their own app store, which is normally disallowed in the App Store.

Well, I for one, am not going to stump up $119 for something that has no
Demo on the basis
of what I see on their website.

What is an "AppDrop spot" ?

Who is going to pay money on the basis of a bunch of promises and a 10
second (10 second) video?

Absolutely nothing to tell us what the programming language looks like.
If it is Java then it is Java,
it is NOT "Hypercard reimagined".

There have been dozens of these before; obviously believing that
'Hypercard' is a magic word some 20 years
down the road.

What RunRev has, and all these wannabees don't is a track record and a
code-base built on the bones
of Metacard.

Richmond.