7.0 Issues

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Mar 23 19:35:50 EDT 2014

If you're referring to LiveCode settings that determine how to manage the
plugin (i.e. cREVLoadInfo), it would be good if this info was stored
outside the plugin.  But obviously it needs to be configurable on the
author's side, as well as the user's side, and somehow loaded in the
user's LiveCode installation.  Maybe you (the developer) want some plugins
to open normally, maybe some invisibly, maybe some just to sit in the
plugins folder without launching.

(Not trying to get in a debate on what is the correct way to develop a
plugin, just sayin'  :-)

It would be a bit of a chore to have to include a separate "default prefs"
file with each plugin, but I imagine one could write a "first launch"
script as part of their plugin's startup that checks to see if its
configuration stuff is where it should be, and if not, writes a new file.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design