7.0 Issues

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Mar 22 17:25:37 EDT 2014

Peter Haworth wrote
> Hi Bernd,
> Which preference setting are you using?  The only one I could find is
> titled "Preserve stack file format on stacks saved in legacy format" on
> the
> Files and Memory tab.  No matter how I set that, if I save a stack in LC
> from the File menu, I can't open it in versions prior to v7 ( get "file is
> not a stack file" error).
>
> This is with stacks with no closeStack handler.

That is the setting I meant. At first I also had the impression that it
would save to the new format regardless of the setting but then I switched
that off, closed preferences, reopend preferences, turned "Preserve stack
file format on stacks saved in legacy format" back on and quit Livecode 7.0.
After that LC 7DP1 did follow the preference for saving from the menu or
command-s.

Kind regards
Bernd