best/fastest way to tell if a field contains unicode text?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 22:15:34 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>wrote:

>  But Apple of late has not blown my skirt up either. Soldering memory to
> the motherboard?? And why??? Well they will cite cost of production, but
> how curious that we can no longer take advantage of the price match
> guarantee on a memory upgrade when we walk into a store and buy a laptop
> instead of paying three to four times the market price for Apple memory.

The last couple of Macs I've bought have been really cheap to upgrade the
memory:  4 to 8 gb was $100, and 4 to 16 $200.

This was, though, the first time since my SE/30 that it's made since to get
more memory from apple (in that case, with my developer 50% discount, it
cost less to by the 4mb/80mb than the 1/5 and upgrade.  I'm not sure that
would have been the case without the stiff discount)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462