flushEvents("system")

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Mar 21 19:08:55 EDT 2014

At 3:56 PM -0500 3/21/2014, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>The dictionary says flushEvents("system") ignores operating system
>events. Does anyone know which events those might be?

If I'm remembering right, flushEvents("system") called flushEvents()
on Mac OS, which in turn removed low-level events from the OS event
queue (as opposed to the engine's queue) - mouse, keyboard,
disk-insert. I'm not sure what, if anything, it did on other
platforms.

It was one of those things that was inherited from SuperCard.

I'm not entirely sure it does anything now - the flushEvents call has
been deprecated in OS X for a while.
--
jeanne a. e. devoto
livecode at jaedworks.com