best/fastest way to tell if a field contains unicode text?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Mar 21 14:44:20 EDT 2014

Geoff wrote:
> <blunt>That's the Microsoft way to handle this. The Apple way would simply
> be to do the right thing -- if you want to be nice, issue a note that
> backwards compatibility is being broken and specify how and the
> reasons.</blunt>

... and the Apple way is also to completely change what's the "right
thing" while breaking not only compatibility but often their own rules
too. And that actually seems to keep the fans happy; to each his own.
With LC I consider both Win and Mac to be a normal and inevitable part
of life. Both are far from perfect.

But that's beside the point, which is: I believe RunRev truly did the
right thing in considering both compatibility and future features in
this release. It was just that - considerate, for all users and for all
goals. Good job RunRev! Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Curry K.