6.6 RC2 Release

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 21 00:13:08 EDT 2014

<sigh>

“Wrong.” I have heard that word a lot in my life. Once it was “wrong” to not double space between sentences. It was “wrong” to eat spaghetti with a spoon. It was “wrong” to ride my bike on the sidewalk. It was “wrong” to pee with the toilet seat down. Okay, that’s still wrong! But you get my drift. “Wrong” is sometimes only a way of saying, “This is the way we think people on the whole should behave in this specific circumstance”.

I think that what you must mean by, “wrong” is, “presently inconvenient to me”, but as Richmond pointed out, what is inconvenient for one may be standard operating procedure for another. I don’t want to belabor the point, but if some committee of persons sat around a table and actually wrote an RFC about how quoted text MUST be top down in an email or else it was just “wrong”, then I am inclined to disregard their notions, and symbolically give them the raspberry! Has anyone actually explained to these people that they can actually have a LIFE?

Now in a list like this, most people who read it I think are fairly familiar with the topics they are interested in, and do not really need to see all the quoted text, and while I again quite agree that only relative parts *should* be quoted, I am a long, long way from telling anyone here how wrong they are to quote everything, and while once I griped about the direction they were quoting, because I would get mixed quotes from different people who quoted in opposite directions making the thread of conversation hopelessly muddled, I won’t even go so far as to say THAT is wrong. It’s simply “presently inconvenient to me.”

Bob