best/fastest way to tell if a field contains unicode text?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:54:15 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Fraser Gordon <fraser.gordon at runrev.com>wrote:

> Out of interest - why are you trying to do this? I ask because trying to
> do so may not be useful in future versions of LiveCode.

I'm preparing data for use through an API. The API doesn't support unicode,
so any entries I create that include unicode will give bad results. I need
to figure out how many entries use unicode to get a sense of the scope of
the issue, and then either convert them to plain text or drop them from the
update.