RELEASE LiveCode 7.0 DP1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:46:09 EDT 2014

For types like me;

"-The engine files are much larger than previous versions due to
inclusion of ICU data"
ICU = International Components for Unicode

"an open source project of mature C/C++ and Java libraries for Unicode
support, software internationalization, and software globalization."

I assume that that means the engine files are going to be much larger
from here on in.

I am currently trying to build a standalone leaving out the ICU data,

1. on the 'General' card of the standalone builder I cannot change the
name of the standalone.

We'll let that pass just now,

2. There is no dialog(ue) and/or checkbox where I can choose not to
include the new ICU 'baggage'.

Aha: the standalone won't execute.

UbuntuStudio 13.10.

Richmond.