Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Mar 19 14:45:24 EDT 2014

I'm not sure why this is such a problem.  Html isn't regular text and
shouldn't be treated as such, that's why htmltext is a separate property
from text.

If the current behavior was changed, I'm sure it would cause backward
compatibility problems.

If you want to check if a field is empty - if field "myField" is empty -
works fine as does - if the text of field "myField" is empty

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>