LC Commercial Update

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:07:32 EDT 2014

On 19/03/14 19:44, Robert Brenstein wrote:
> On 18.03.2014 at 17:28 Uhr -0600 <larry at significantplanet.org>
> apparently wrote:
>> Thank you Richard,
>> That is a very good point.
>>
>> And thanks to Mark Schonewille for explaining how to turn off the
>> update message.
>>
>> Larry
>
> Am I imagining this or was there an option (button to click) on the
> update dialog to "skip this release" that is no more reminders until
> the next next version comes out? I see this in some programs and find
> very useful.

You are imagining things.

If you open the Preferences stack; /Edit/Preferences you can stop update
notices; select "Updates" (second from the bottom).

You will then be given a fantastic range of choices:

Notify me of stable releases
Notify me of maintainence (sic transit gloria mundi) releases
Notify me of beta releases
Notify me of development releases

and you can have lots of fun deciding what you want and what you don't,
and even a spot of vicarious fun
reflecting on the fact that being a jolly clever computer programmer
does not necessarily mean you
are very good at spelling.

Richmond.