Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 19 11:57:31 EDT 2014

On 3/19/14, 10:25 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I am struggling to see when this would present an impassible problem.

I grant that it's trivial and not a high priority. But it makes the
language inconsistent, and I see that as the primary issue.

I gave an example in another post of how it could affect scripts. Try
this in a newly created field with no content:

   set the cText of this cd to the htmltext of fld 1
   put (the cText of this cd = empty)

Empty is no longer empty. Sometimes it will matter.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com