Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

Tim Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 19 11:40:08 EDT 2014

On Mar 19, 2014, at 11:25 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I do not see this as a bug. Is it possible that there is some HTML convention that requires some kind of tag/ending tag to be present for a page to be considered an html page? And I agree with Richmond that if a field is empty, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for the HTML Text of the field to be anything other than <p></p>, so I am struggling to see when this would present an impassible problem.

It's certainly not an impassible problem and I don't think it's a bug either.
It is a little inconsistent from a strict Livecode perspective and might cause some confusion.

The key concept to remember, for newbies and old farts like me alike, is that the htmlText is a property for FORMATTING text, it is not THE TEXT. Use it with respect and caution.

Maybe a little clarification in the htmlText entry of the dictionary would be sufficient.

Tim