Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:53:58 EDT 2014

On 19/03/14 16:45, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I would expect a real beginner to use the put command:
>
> put fld x into fld y
> put something into fld x
> put fld y into something
> etc.
>
> Once your going to use htmlText, perhaps you're not a real beginner anymore. It seems you have a lot of experience with other programming language. Perhaps that's te culprit and not being a "beginner".

If you try "PUTIN" you are a real beginner, or an uncritical
Greater-Russian Imperialist . . . LOL

As soon as one starts using

set the htmlText of fld 2 to the htmlText of fld 1

or

set the unicodeText of fld 2 to the unicodeText of fld 1 && numToChar(1852)

one is no longer completely green.

Mind you; even the "conceptual leap" from using 'field' to 'fld'
shows that one has been mucking around for a while :)

Richmond.