Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

Tim Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:02:28 EDT 2014

On Mar 19, 2014, at 9:39 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:

>> Are others seeing this and is it a bug?
>
> since <p></p> is in fact the HTML equivalent to "empty/no text" I would not consider this a bug :-)

Thanks Klaus, I thought I should check on that before putting in a bug report. It seemed too obvious to have been missed.

It does create an odd condition by Livecode standards however that you can set the htmlText to empty, then immediately test if the htmlText is empty and it returns false. I suspect that could confuse some people.

Out of curiosity, do you know how "something" ( <p></p> ) came to be regarded as equivalent to empty?

Tim