I'm trying to rally the troops...

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Tue Mar 18 19:47:06 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

Over a year ago I wrote to RR and suggested they allow the user to add notes directly to the LC dictionary. (for private viewing)

I understand why they need to approve notes that are added for public viewing.

But there are literally HUNDREDS of times where I have to figure something out that is NOT documented in the dictionary.  A recent example: I had trouble with the cursor disappearing once I compiled.  Happily, Jacqueline answered the question in here for me.  What I want to do is go to the dictionary and make my OWN note about that under "cursor" - since I don't have a photographic memory and because LC for me is a hobby and not a profession, I will sometimes go months without using it.  It's too difficult to remember everything.

Sure, I could make a spreadsheet with "cursor" in column 1 and my notes in column 2 - whatever.  But that seems like a pretty dopey solution.

I hope some of you will agree with me that this feature would be VERY useful and a great timesaver.  Then let's rattle the LC cage.

Thanks for listening.

Larry