Famous at last, though not in the best way

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:11:28 EDT 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 9:19 AM, Mike Kerner wrote:

> On the heroism, I'm just telling you what the writers of the posts seem to
> be saying, unless I'm reading them wrong.
>
> I don't disagree that LC is a nice tool to have.  I do seem to spend enough
> time using it - but - I've used lots of tools that were nice.  Sometimes,
> though, in business, mass leads to growth.  I wasn't all that amped at
> being able to develop android apps, except for the fact that someone else
> who wants to develop for mobile can target ios and android with less work,
> which means more potential users, more potential revenue for RR, and thus,
> more potential goodies for me in the product.
>
> Today's hackers are frequently tomorrow's badasses, because eventually they
> grow up and get a job.  I'll cheer the hackers latching on as a very big
> deal for tool growth.  Now that LC is OSS, they might even eventually fork
> it and do other very cool things with it that we can all thank them for,
> later.

It strikes me that in a perverse way this marks the entrance of LC into the mainstream of programming languages. For it to be used as a malware tool, I mean. It is after all just a tool, and tools can be used for good or ill. If it's a truly powerful tool, someone will discover how to misuse it sooner or later.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig