Triggering LC scripts when emails are received

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Mar 17 17:50:44 EDT 2014

Hi jbv,

Alex is right. It is working this way and believe it or not, i was also working on this today.

I must admit, that i use my own instances of livecode server on On-rev.
It is installed under public_html/cgi-bin/livecode-server502

So for my configuration  i selected „Pipe to program“ and entered

public_html/cgi-bin/livecode-server502/livecode-server /home/MyAccountname/public_html/MyLivecodeScript.lc

It does not work, if i just enter the path to the script. I have to enter the path to the livecode-server engine and the complete path to the livecode script.
I do not know the paths to the preinstalled livecode-server engines on On-rev, but maybe someone from the list could help. If not, i am sure On-Rev support team knows
the answer for that.

Please be aware, that the script must not output anything. If it outputs something, even just a space or blank line, then although the script is executed the incoming mail is bounced.
So please check your script for any blank lines or even spaces before the tag <?rev and after the tag ?>. It took me some hours to find out that just a small
space after the ?> tag caused the incoming mails bouncing.

Hope i could help.

Regards,

Matthias