Famous at last, though not in the best way

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 17 12:43:02 EDT 2014

It doesn't require an experienced security expert.  Memory dumps are very
easy, and the tools are cheap.

MG is MobGUI, and John is, of course, John.

See thread from other list - we had static compilation of HC stacks and
projects back in the 80's and early 90's with Heizer Software's CompileIt!
and Double-XX! (the exclamation points were part of the name).  CompileIt!
was originally a tool for using HT to write XCMD's and XFCN's, but soon
after, Double-XX came out as a way to build fully-compiled standalones from
HC stacks.  It worked great.  I wrote the first HC-based
Anti-virus/anti-trojan this way.  It stopped the idiotic Dukakis trojan,
and several others with only a handful of lines of code.  Then I built
several database applications for my employer at the time, all
fully-compiled, double-clickable applications.  It was all just HC stacks
with a few restrictions placed on them by Heizer Software, the creators of
CompileIt! and Double-XX!

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com