Multi user sqlite via shared-cache mode?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:56:12 EDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> In general, it's risky accessing SQlite databases over a network unless you
> are only querying the database and not doing any insert/update/delete
> operations for the reasons explained in the link.

How about sharing a :memory: instance between two apps of the same user and
machine.

This would go a long way on my master/slave issue of syncing to a remote
database without locking up the user interface . . . (at the moment, I
watch for time since last keystroke, and if it's long enough, risk the
update.  I'm thinking to pass the UPDATE/SELECT command to to a slave
process, but having the slave access the internal db would be better . .
.).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462