v7 testing and "word"

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Mar 13 12:31:37 EDT 2014

On 13.03.2014 at 8:39 Uhr -0700 Richard Gaskin apparently wrote:

>My only caution would be in cases where an existing token were
>changed in ways that break code, with my recommendation being not to
>do that for now.

I wonder whether we really need a new keyword for old style word. I
mean that an alternative could be to have a global property that
controls whether word means the ascii word or the unicode word. It
could actually function as a switch for any text handling, usable in
the fashion of itemDelimiter, and eventually become obsolete in the
more distant future. Something like

set the unicodeChunks to false/true
get the unicodeChunks

RObert