New chunks

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:31:13 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Paul Dupuis <paul at researchware.com> wrote:

> Can someone probably construct some sequence of characters that could be
> called a sentence that might get mis-parsed? Possibly - I am familiar
> with the library RunRev is using only by reputation, so I can't say for
> sure. However for most text you will work with where you want to return
> "sentence 2 of paragraph 5 of fld X" you will get exactly what you expect.

How about this:

"In later years, P.G. Wodehouse always went by P.G. Wodehouse might have
thought that Pelham Grenville sounded snooty."

No algorithm is going to manage this kind of thing, where the reader has to
understand the meaning of the sentences to parse them correctly. The
question is how seldom will mistakes occur.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig