New chunks

Benjamin Beaumont ben at runrev.com
Tue Mar 11 14:15:18 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We're in the process of adding some new chunk types in LiveCode 7 and we
would appreciate suggestions for a particular chunk name.

The new chunk types are:

naturalword (breaks on unicode word boundaries)
sentence (breaks on unicode sentence boundaries)
paragraph (Same behaviour as current 'line' chunk)

The first chunk is called 'naturalword' because 'word' is already in use.
Renaming the current 'word' chunk to 'token' to free up 'word' is not an
option for backward compatibility. We are also limited by the current
parser which doesn't allow us to use the form:

put natural word 1 of "this is a string of words"

'naturalword' is the clearest internal suggestion at the moment and we'd
love to get the input from community members if there is an even clearer
option.

Warm regards and thank you for your input.

Ben

Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd

LiveCode Product Manager
mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
email : ben at runrev.com
company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
web : www.runrev.com