properties vs local variable

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 11 05:02:19 EDT 2014

Mark,

I am now running this script to test the speed:

on mouseUp
   put the milliseconds into tS
   repeat 100 times
      send "displayData 1" to group “myTable"
   end repeat
   put the milliseconds - ts into fld "result"
   beep
end mouseUp

Your last effort averaged over three attempts was 4782 ms when compared to my original of 4841 ms resulting in a saving of  1.22%.

I am sure there are more scientific ways to do this kind of testing but I think it’s near enough for me.

To me, the result would suggest there is not much more we can do with the basic script to speed things up?

All the best

Terry