properties vs local variable

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 10 11:07:17 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

Have tried your adjustments to my script and it was a little slower than the original.

Could that be because of the split command?

I read the data in from an SQLite file in the return/tab delimited format.

put revDataFromQuery(tab, return, the uDB of this stack, tSQL) into tData

then I pass the data to the group

set thText of group “myTable" of cd “myCard" of stack “myStack" to tData

I wonder if I split the data into an array and pass it directly to the group as an array if that would be quicker because there would be no need for the split to occur in the displayData routine?

All the best

Terry