[ANN] Excel Library Updates and a new Code Snippet for DataGrids

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:01:12 EDT 2014

Dear LiveCode Users,

1. The Excel Library has been updated, 2 times:

- Open Source Version 1.0.1

The Open source Library seems to have been downloaded more than 200
times! I'm not sure we can talk of "success", but 200 downloads seems
alot and is much more we have expected before to launch this project.
Supporting two versions of the same product, is a little more work.
However, due to the number of downloads and because we dislike to
leave bugs in our code, we have fixed 4 bugs in the open source
version and the resulting version is now available to the community.

You can download the 1.0.1 version here:
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/5-open-sources

- Commercial Version 1.2

During the implementation of a new Pivot Table command, we had the
unpleasant surprise to discover we used the wrong command for creating
the Pivot Table object on Windows. The Pivot Table was created by
default in an Excel 2000 format. Some properties of the Pivot Table
are not supported in this format.

The Commercial version 1.2 includes:

* the rewrite of the XCEL_PivotTable_New command for Windows

* 4 new commands and 1 function available for Mac and Windows:
- XCEL_PivotTable_Fld_Name_Set (sets the name of a Pivot Field)
- XCEL_PivotTable_Fld_Function_Set (sets the function linked to a Data
field: sum, max, min, count, average, etc)
- XCEL_PivotTable_Fld_NumberFormat_Set (sets the number format of a Data Field)
- XCEL_PivotTable_Total_Visible_Get (gets the visibility of the column
or row grand total)
- XCEL_PivotTable_Total_Visible_Set (sets the visibility of the column
or row grand total)

The documentation has been updated, accordingly
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/images/Preview/Excel_Lib_Preview/pivottable_doc_preview02.png

* 2 bugs have been fixed in the XCEL_Range_Values_Set command:
- commas are no longer replaced by the internal value: @XCELLib_CommaSep@
- if the last column value of a row to insert was empty, the value of
the column was the value of the previous column

You can purchase the Excel Library Commercial Version in the LiveCode Store:
http://livecode.com/store/marketplace/excel-library

2. A new code snippet is available on our website.

We have recently shared on the LiveCode Forum one of the command we
are using in DGH for searching inside datagrids.
The command is now available in our code snippets section.

http://www.aslugontheroad.com/code-snippets

Best Regards,
--
Zryip TheSlug