Cocoa

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:46:02 EDT 2014

On 09/03/14 20:39, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 3/9/14, 12:07 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
>> Yes, I have read that but it does not say very much at all and
>> certainly does not discuss native vs emulated controls.
>
> My educated guess is that all controls will be OS-native. LC calls on
> the OS for many of its functions, and porting to Cocoa will allow them
> to do that for everything.

If that is what Cocoa will bring with it, will controls in Windows
standalones similarly adhere to Microsoft's Interface Guidelines?

> Perhaps the team will see this thread and verify, but I'm reasonably
> sure you won't be disappointed.

Whether RunRev see this thread and verify or not, I, too, am quite sure,
that like most things, particularly since
RunRev went Open Source, the wait will be well worth it.

Richmond.