Cocoa

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 9 09:52:27 EDT 2014

If nobody knows then perhaps RunRev will post to let everyone know their intentions.

So, to ask specific but not exhaustive questions and in no particular order.

1. Will native Cocoa controls replace the LC emulated versions?

2. Will NSTableView be available as a LC Control?

3. I presume events will be those generated by Cocoa and not Carbon?

4. I assume as LC is having a new graphics engine that NSBezierPath will not be available?

5. Will images be generated using NSViews/NSImage or LC’s new graphics engine?

6. Will Fields be based on NSTextFields?

7. Will NSDatePicker be available?

8. Will NSLevelIndicator be available?

9. Will NSTimer be available?

10. Will NSToolbar be available?

11. I assume NSMenu/NSMenuItem will be the basis of menus?

12. Will NSWebView be available?

13. Will QTKit be available?

14. Will PDFView be available?

15. Access to all the API’s of Cocoa when building externals?

These are the types of questions that I thought would be answered by RunRev if they are really serious about porting LC to Cocoa and keeping their customers informed or are they just doing the bare bones of sorting out the event handling and printing system which I believe is currently based on carbon and leaving all the controls etc as emulated.

If this is the case I do not consider LC as being ported to Cocoa and consider my minimal contribution to the Kickstarter campaign as wasted.

I am waiting for a positive answer to these questions and a working version before I jump into contributing to a commercial licence.

Can anybody who knows what is happening please respond.

All the best

Terry