Inserting Text, photo or video into a circle ?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:50:38 EST 2014

On 07/03/14 16:57, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> Hi from Beautiful Brittany,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to insert text, a photo
> or a video clip into a circle.
>
> Somebody out there must have wanted to do this ….
>
> Thanks for pointers.
>
> -Francis

Presumably (???????), you mean:

put a picture behind a circle in such a way that bits of the
picture that are outside the bounds of the circle are not visible?

Right; a fair few pseudo-Socratic questions coming up:

1. Why don't you just do this sort of thing in GIMP, Photoshop or some
other graphic program?

2. Why do you want to do this at all?

OK, OK, not a "fair few", only 2: but, Hey, what do you expect on a
Saturday night when I'm aching all over, running
a "speculative" temperature (i.e. 38 degs C; could go either way), and
feeling well run down?

I'm going to crack out everybody's IDE and "piss about" and get back
shortly.

Richmond.

[ Ginger tea with Cardamon, Chinese aniseed and aniseed.]