Learning about server

Brahmanathswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Jun 30 16:06:25 EDT 2014

Aum

Yes, we are very familiar with Invading the Sacred. Western Academia is
full of "idiots" who actually pose and are accepted as authorities. Then
their Master/PhD students follow up with even more nonsense.

Rajiv is doing good work on this front.

Our approach is from a different, complementary angle: we keep pushing
more and more content out into the mass consciousness to offset the body
of misconceptions.

As you can see from her blog, Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami's book
"How to Become a Hindu" has had a big impact. (continues to do so) ...
so does "Loving Ganesha"

More recently... just released two days ago:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/the-history-of-hindu-india_part-1

Tackling main stream American Academia is challenge... behind the
scenes, a lot of work is going on to get dedicated Hindus into key
positions in Indian/Hindu studies. Blacks run "African American" studies
in colleges; Jewish leaders run the academic institutional studies for
Judaism. Christian run Christian studies.

But India/Hindu studies are run by outsiders whose brains reside in
bodily parts other than their heads... (to put it tactfully). and from
that below-the-belly-button window on life they write about Hinduism.
Then the Deans of their universities and the American Theological
Association give them awards!

Sad situation.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami