URLEncode accent-i

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Wed Jun 25 18:14:50 EDT 2014

Début du message réexpédié :

> De: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Objet: Rép : URLEncode accent-i
> Date: 25 juin 2014 22:47:51 UTC+2
> À: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Répondre à: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On 6/25/2014, 3:29 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> The server wants UTF8 and I think (but am not sure) that I need to get:
>>>  Santer%C3%ADa
>>

>> Convert the string to UTF8 prior to urlencoding it:
>>
>> put "Santería" into theStr
>> put unidecode(uniencode(theStr), "utf8") into thestr
>> put urlencode(theStr)
>>

> Thanks (again) Trevor, that seems to do it. I'll see if the server likes that incarnation.

Hopefully, this will do the work as long as ...

> Pierre, the data is going to a Rails script, which does some things and then puts it into a database. I'm not actually sure what type of database it is, but I don't send to it directly.

… my way would’t help in this case as long as, in short, the solution consists to set up the client-encoding charset used by LC-Server to communicate with the SQL Server via an SQL request sent just after opening the SQL connection and before any further SQL insert/update requests.