Shell command syntax in Windows

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Jun 25 01:43:47 EDT 2014

I was able to get a dir listing but not at the correct folder.

The example I used was to get a directory listing from shell. What I really want to do is send “cmd=show” to the mxie.lnk (shortcut to the application) in the path “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs\Zultys MX\ .

If I navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs\Zultys MX\ in the Windows cmd shell and then issue “mxie.lnk cmd=show” at the prompt the mxie application comes to the front.

Bill