Shell command syntax in Windows

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Jun 24 18:59:40 EDT 2014

Bill-

Monday, June 23, 2014, 7:45:52 PM, you wrote:

> I’m trying to run a shell command on Windows and the following
> code gives an error on the “put the wheel of “dir” into field “one”.

> The goal of the script below is to get a directory listing in the Programs folder.

> Setup: A field “one” and a button where this script is in.

> on mouseUp
>    set the shellCommand to “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs”
>    put shell (“dir”) into field “one”
> end mouseUp

Been a while since I've had to deal with Windows, but I believe the
shellCommand has to point to either command.com or cmd.exe, depending
on the Windows version.

If you want to get a directory listing of the Programs folder, why not
set the defaultFolder and get the files?

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.